What's two-factor authentication? How do I use it?
Two-factor authentication is a security feature. If you set up two-factor authentication, you'll be asked to enter a special login code or confirm your login attempt each time someone tries accessing Instagram from a device we don't recognize.
There are several two-factor authentication methods you can use with your Instagram account. To get started with two-factor authentication, choose either:
Note: After you've turned on two-factor authentication, you'll be able to access recovery codes for your account if you have issues receiving a code. Learn more about recovery codes.
- How do I turn on two-factor authentication on Instagram for multiple devices?
- What's a recovery code? How do I use it?
- How do I use an authentication app for two-factor authentication?
- Why am I seeing changes to my likes, follows or comments?
- Why am I limited from approving follow requests on Instagram?