If you or someone you know is in immediate physical danger related to suicide or an eating disorder, please contact 911 or local law enforcement for help. If the threat isn't immediate, you should contact a family member or loved one to try to help.
You can also report the content to us. We'll review it and try to reach out to the person to provide them with more information.
To report a post for self-harm or suicide:
- Tap (iPhone and Windows Phone) or(Android) below the post
- Tap Report Inappropriate
- Select This photo puts people at risk > Self-harm
If you know the person, you may consider sharing the contact information of a local helpline with them so they can get more information. Below you'll find the contact information for several organizations in the United States and other countries.
In an effort to best support both of our communities, Instagram works with Facebook to provide a comprehensive set of suicide prevention resources around the world.Eating Disorders
- In the US, contact the National Eating Disorders Association: 1-800-931-2237; firstname.lastname@example.org; www.NationalEatingDisorders.org
- In the US, United Kingdom and Ireland, contact Reach Out: 1-800-448-3000; http://us.reachout.com/facts/self-harm
- In Australia, contact headspace: 1800 650 890 http://www.headspace.org.au/
- In other countries, contact Befrienders: 1-800-448-3000; http://www.befrienders.org/about-self-harm