Find Instagrammers to Follow
Find people you already know on Instagram or explore Instagram to find new people to follow.
Find People to Follow
To find people to follow on Instagram, you can look through your Facebook friends and people from your contact list:
- Go to your profile and tap (iPhone) or (Android)
- Below Follow People, tap Facebook Friends or Contacts to find your friends from Facebook or from your phone's contact list
- Tap Follow next to the people you'd like to follow
You can also tap at the bottom of the screen to search for people you'd like to follow.
You can find people you might like to follow in Search. Tap at the bottom of the screen to go to Search.
- Scroll down to explore posts and videos you might like from accounts you're not already following.
- Tap the search bar at the top to search for people, hashtags, places and events that interest you
To search for people, hashtags and places, tap and enter a search in the search bar at the top of the screen. You can choose to search for People, Tags or Places. Tap Top to search popular people, tags and places on Instagram.
The search results you see are based on a variety of factors, including the people you follow, who you’re connected to and what photos and videos you like on Instagram.
You can also search Instagram on the web.
Note: You can search people by their name or username. Learn more about finding people to follow.
Sync Your Contacts
When you connect Instagram with your phone or tablet's contact list, you'll be able to see a list of your contacts who are on Instagram. From there, you can choose contacts to follow.
When your contact list is connected, it's periodically synced and securely stored on our servers. You can disconnect your contacts or remove one or more contacts from Instagram at any time. Keep in mind that in order to delete contacts, you must first disconnect your contact list.