Find Instagrammers to Follow
Find people you already know on Instagram or explore Instagram to find new people to follow.
Find people to follow
We can help you find and follow your Facebook friends and phone or tablet contacts who are already on Instagram.
- Go to your profile and tap (iPhone) or (Android) in the top right
- Below Follow People, tap to find your friends from Facebook or from your phone's contact list
- Tap Follow next to the people you'd like to follow
You can also tap at the bottom of the screen to see and search for photos, videos and people that you might like.
You can find people you might like to follow in Search & Explore. Tap to go to Search & Explore.
- Scroll down to Explore to see posts you might like from accounts you're not already following
- Tap the search bar at the top to search for things like people, hashtags, places and events that interest you
You can also find suggested Instagrammers by going to your account settings and tapping Find Friends on Android or Find People to Follow on iPhone.
You can search for people and hashtags using the search bar at the top of Search & Explore. To search Instagram, tap > Search then choose whether you're looking for Users or Hashtags.
You can search people by their name or username. The search results you see are based on a variety of factors, including the people you follow, who you’re connected to and what photos and videos you like on Instagram.
Learn more about finding people to follow.
Sync your contacts
When you connect Instagram with your phone or tablet's contact list, you'll be able to see a list of your contacts who are on Instagram. You can choose contacts to follow from this list. When your contact list is connected, it's periodically synced and securely stored on our servers. You can disconnect your contacts at any time.