People are getting suggestions to follow other people after they follow me on Instagram. How do I turn this off?
When someone taps Follow on your Instagram profile, they'll see suggestions of similar profiles they might also want to follow, such as mutual friends or other people they might know. If you don't want these suggestions to appear on your profile, you can turn it off:
- Log into instagram.com from a mobile browser or computer.
- Tap or click your profile picture in the top right, select Profile, then select Edit Profile.
- Tap or click next to Similar Account Suggestions, then click Submit.
Keep in mind that when you turn off account suggestions for your profile, you won't appear as a suggestion on someone else's profile either.
- How do I add a story to my Story Highlights?
- How do I update Instagram profile information like my name, username and email?
- How do I edit or delete the collections I've created for saved Instagram posts?
- How do I add a bio or a website to my Instagram profile?
- How do I edit or delete a highlight on Instagram?