People are getting suggestions to follow other people after they follow me on Instagram. How do I opt out of this?
When someone taps Follow on your Instagram profile, they'll see suggestions of similar profiles they might also want to follow, such as mutual friends or other people they might know. If you don't want these suggestions to appear on your profile, you can opt out:
- Log into instagram.com from a desktop computer or your phone's browser.
- Tap or click in the top right, then select Edit Profile.
- Tap or click next to Similar Account Suggestions, then click Submit.
Keep in mind that when you opt out of account suggestions on your profile, you won't appear as a suggestion on someone else's profile either.
- How do I set my photos and videos to private so that only approved followers can see them?
- How do I access or review my data on Instagram?
- Who can see the photos and videos I've been tagged in on my profile?
- How do I edit or delete the collections I've created for saved posts?
- How do I add or change a profile picture on Instagram on the web?