How do I start or donate to a fundraiser on Instagram Live?
You can start a fundraiser for a nonprofit organization or donate to one on Instagram Live.
To start a Live video fundraiser from the Instagram app
- Tap in the top left of Feed or swipe right from anywhere in Feed.
- Scroll to Live at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Fundraiser on the left.
- Select the nonprofit you want to start a fundraiser for by scrolling down or typing their name into the search bar at the top.
- Tap to start your Live video fundraiser.
The nonprofit you selected will receive 100% of the money you raise. Keep in mind, your viewers will see an option to donate at the bottom of their screen for your entire live video. They’ll be able to see the nonprofit you selected and how much money you’ve raised.
How can I manage a Live video fundraiser?
- Tap View in the bottom right to see how much money you’ve raised and a list of viewers who’ve donated to your fundraiser.
- Tap Wave next to a donor’s name to thank them.
- You can go live with someone else, but they won’t be able to select a different nonprofit to fundraise for.
- You’ll be able to use the Q&A sticker during your live video, but your viewers won’t be able to see the questions.
When you end your live video, you’ll see how much money you raised and how many viewers donated. You can choose to share your live video to your IGTV, download it to your device or delete it. Learn more about managing a live video.
Note that you can also start a fundraiser by adding the donation sticker to your Stories.
To donate to a Live video fundraiser from the Instagram app
- Tap Donate in the bottom left.
- Enter the amount you want to donate, then tap Next.
- Select your payment method or learn how to add a payment method on Instagram.
- If you want to change where your donation receipt will be sent, tap your email address and enter a new one.
- Tap Donate at the bottom, then tap Done.
There’s no limit to how many times you can donate in a live video. You can donate between $5 - $2,500 each time you donate in the US. You can donate up to €250 every 31 days in the EU.
Note that you can also donate to a nonprofit by tapping the donation sticker in Stories.