How do I change the phone number that I use for two-factor authentication?
To change the phone number that receives text messages (SMS) for two-factor authentication:
- Tap or your profile picture in the bottom right to go to your profile.
- Tap in the top right, then tap Settings.
- Tap Security, then tap Two-Factor Authentication.
- If two-factor authentication is already on, tap next to Text Message to turn it off.
- Tap Turn Off to remove two-factor authentication from the old confirmed phone number.
- Tap next to Text Message to turn on two-factor authentication again.
- Instead of entering a code, tap Change Phone Number below the Next button.
- Enter the new phone number and tap Next.
- You'll be sent a text message (SMS) to the new phone number with a special 6-digit security code. Enter the code that was sent and tap Next.
- You'll see a list of recovery codes. Tap Next to complete the two-factor authentication process.
- How do I use text messages (SMS) for two-factor authentication on Instagram?
- What's two-factor authentication? How do I use it on Instagram?
- How do I turn on two-factor authentication on Instagram for multiple devices?
- How do I use an authentication app for two-factor authentication on Instagram?
- What's a recovery code? How do I use it on Instagram?