What can I do if an Instagram username is already claimed but seems inactive?
If a username you want is being used by an account that seems inactive, you can choose an available version of the username. You can add periods, numbers, underscores or abbreviations to help you come up with a username that's not already in use.
To change your username, you can edit your profile.
- What can I do if my Instagram account has been disabled?
- Why do Facebook and Instagram share information?
- If I've added multiple Instagram accounts, what push notifications will I get?
- What happens when I connect Instagram to my phone's contact list?
- Can I link multiple Instagram accounts to my Facebook profile?