What can I do if a username is already claimed but seems inactive?
If a username you want is being used by an account that seems inactive, you can choose an available version of the username to use on Instagram. You can add periods, numbers, underscores or abbreviations to help you come up with a username that's not already in use.
To change your username, you can edit your profile.
- What can I do if someone I know is being impersonated on Instagram?
- What can I do if I've lost access to the email I signed up with?
- What should I do if a deceased person's account is showing in Search & Explore, Suggested for You or when I sync my contact list?
- What can I do if I receive a password reset email but still can't log in?
- What happens when a deceased person's account is memorialized?