What can I do if a username is already claimed but seems inactive?
If a username you want is being used by an account that seems inactive, you can choose an available version of the username to use on Instagram. You can add periods, numbers, underscores or abbreviations to help you come up with a username that's not already in use.
To change your username, you can edit your profile.
- What can I do if my account has been disabled?
- If I've added multiple Instagram accounts, what push notifications will I get?
- What happens when I connect Instagram to my phone's contact list?
- When I share a post to Facebook, is it visible to the public?
- I received an email that I created a new Instagram account, but I didn’t sign up for a new account.