What can I do if a username is already claimed but seems inactive?
If a username you want is being used by an account that seems inactive, you can choose an available version of the username to use on Instagram. You can add periods, numbers, underscores or abbreviations to help you come up with a username that's not already in use.
To change your username, you can edit your profile.
- I received an email that I created a new Instagram account, but I didn’t sign up for a new account.
- What can I do if my account has been disabled?
- If I've added multiple Instagram accounts, what push notifications will I get?
- What happens when I connect to my contact list?
- Can I link multiple Instagram accounts to my Facebook profile?