What can I do if a username is already claimed but seems inactive?
If a username you want is being used by an account that seems inactive, you can choose an available version of the username to use on Instagram. You can add periods, numbers, underscores or abbreviations to help you come up with a username that's not already in use.
To change you username, you can edit your profile.
- What can I do if someone I know is being impersonated on Instagram?
- What can I do if I've lost access to the email I signed up with?
- How do I test the beta version of Instagram for Android?
- How do I set my photos and videos to private so that only approved followers can see them?
- How do I link my Instagram account to my Facebook profile?