How do I edit the alternative text for a photo on Instagram?
Automatic alt text uses object recognition technology to provide a visual description of photos for people with visual impairments. You can replace this text to provide a better description of a photo. Keep in mind that this description will only be read if someone is using a screen reader to access Instagram.
To see and edit alt text for a photo before you post it on Instagram:
- Start by taking a photo or uploading an existing photo to Instagram.
- Choose a filter and edit the image, then tap Next.
- Tap Advanced Settings at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Write Alt Text.
- Write your alt text in the box and tap Done (iPhone) or Save (Android).
To change the alt text of a photo after you've already posted it on Instagram:
- Go to the photo and tap (iPhone) or(Android).
- Tap Edit.
- Tap Edit Alt Text in the bottom right.
- Write the alt text in the box and tap Done (iPhone) or (Android).