How can I choose whether photos and videos I've been tagged in appear on my Instagram profile?
You can choose whether photos and videos you're tagged in appear on your profile automatically or manually. When you choose to add photos and videos manually, they'll appear on your profile only after you approve them. By default, when someone tags a photo or video of you, it will automatically be added to your profile.
To manually select the photos and videos that appear on your profile:
On the Instagram app for Android and iOS devices
- Go to your profile and tap .
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Privacy > Tags.
- Tap next to Add Automatically to turn this off.
On your computer or mobile browser
- Go to instagram.com on your computer or mobile browser.
- Click and then click .
- Click Privacy and Security.
- Below Photos of You, select Add Automatically or Add Manually.
If you choose to add photos and videos to your profile manually, you'll still be notified when someone tags you in a photo or video. To add that photo or video to your profile, tap the photo or video, then tap your username and select Show on My Profile (iOS) or tap next to Show in Profile (Android). On your computer or mobile browser, click the photo and then click in the top right. Select Post Options and then select Show on My Profile or Hide on My Profile.
- How do I hide a photo or video I've been tagged in from my Instagram profile?
- Who can see the photos and videos I've been tagged in on my Instagram profile?
- How do I add a location before sharing my photo or video on Instagram?
- How do I add a story to my Story Highlights?
- Where can I see photos and videos I've been tagged in on Instagram?