How can I or my teen report abusive behavior or inappropriate/offensive material on Instagram?
People can report abusive behavior or posts with our built-in reporting. This includes nude photos, abuse and excessive spam. Reporting is totally anonymous. No information about the reporter is sent to the person whose account or photo has been reported.
To report a photo:
- Tap (iPhone) or(Android) above the photo you'd like to report and then tap Report.
To report a comment:
- Tap below the image, swipe left (iPhone) or tap (Android) on the comment you'd like to report, tap ! and then choose Report This Comment or Block.
There are also lots of great online resources with more information for parents on bullying:
It's important to note that if your teen is a victim of abusive behavior on our service, we're unable to provide non-public information (like the offending person’s email address) without a search warrant or subpoena from law enforcement. If there's an emergency, we suggest contacting your local police department. Get more information about law enforcement.
- How do I manage my privacy on Instagram?
- What should I do if someone shares an intimate photo of me on Instagram without my permission?
- What should I do if someone is threatening to share things I want to keep private (example: photos or videos)?
- I'm worried about someone after seeing content they've shared on Instagram about suicide or self-injury. What can I do?
- How do I help a law enforcement officer who has posted suicidal content?