How can I or my teen report abusive behavior or inappropriate/offensive material?
People can report abusive behavior or posts with our built-in reporting. This includes nude photos, abuse and excessive spam. Reporting is totally anonymous. No information about the reporter is sent to the person whose account or photo has been reported.
To report a photo:
- Tap (iPhone and Windows Phone) or(Android) above the photo you'd like to report and then tap Report.
To report a comment:
- Tap below the image, swipe left (iPhone) or tap (Android) on the comment you'd like to report, tap ! and then choose Spam or Scam or Abusive Content.
There are also lots of great online resources with more information for parents on bullying:
It's important to note that if your teen is a victim of abusive behavior on our service, we're unable to provide non-public information (like the offending person’s email address) without a search warrant or subpoena from law enforcement. If there's an emergency, we suggest contacting your local police department. Get more information about law enforcement.
- How do I report an inappropriate video?
- What should I do if someone shares an intimate photo of me without my permission?
- How do I help a member of the US military community (example: active soldier, veteran or family member) who has shared suicidal content?
- I think my Instagram account has been hacked.
- How do I help an LGBT person who has shared suicidal content on Instagram?