How can I or my teen report abusive behavior or inappropriate/offensive material?
People can report abusive behavior or posts with our built-in reporting. This includes nude photos, abuse and excessive spam. Reporting is totally anonymous. No information about the reporter is sent to the person whose account or photo has been reported.
To report a photo:
- Tap (iPhone and Windows Phone) or(Android) above the photo you'd like to report and then tap Report Inappropriate.
To report a comment:
- Tap Comment above the image, swipe left (iPhone) or tap (Android) on the comment you'd like to report, tap ! and then choose Spam or Scam or Abusive Content.
There are also lots of great online resources with more information for parents on bullying:
It's important to note that if your teen is a victim of abusive behavior on our service, we're unable to provide non-public information (like the offending person’s email address) without a search warrant or subpoena from law enforcement. It there's an emergency, we would suggest contacting your local police department. Get more information about law enforcement.
- I'm worried about someone after seeing content they've shared about suicide or self-injury. What can I do?
- How do I report an inappropriate video?
- What can I do if someone is blackmailing me on Instagram?
- What should I do if someone shares an intimate photo of me without my permission?
- How do I report a message that was sent to me or stop someone from sending me messages?