What happens after I apply for a verified badge?
Once we review your request, you'll receive a notification letting you know if your account has been verified or not. If your request is denied, you can submit a new request after 30 days.
Keep in mind that Instagram can remove verified badges at any time, and may take away your badge or disable your account if you:
- Advertise, transfer or sell your verified badge.
- Use your profile picture, bio or name section to promote other services.
- Attempt to verify your account through a third party.
If your account doesn't have a verified badge, there are other ways to let people know you're authentic. For example, you can link to your Instagram account from your official website, Facebook Page, YouTube or Twitter account.
- What can I do if I've lost access to the email or phone number I signed up with?
- What should I do if a deceased person's account is showing in Search & Explore, Suggested for You or when I sync my contact list on Instagram?
- What can I do if I receive a password reset email but still can't log in?
- How do I change how ads are targeted to my child?
- What can I do if someone is impersonating me on Instagram?