What happens after I apply for a verified badge?
Once we review your request, you'll receive a notification letting you know if your account has been verified or not. If your request is denied, you can submit a new request after 30 days.
Keep in mind that Instagram can remove verified badges at any time, and may take away your badge or disable your account if you:
- Advertise, transfer or sell your verified badge.
- Use your profile picture, bio or name section to promote other services.
- Attempt to verify your account through a third party.
If your account doesn't have a verified badge, there are other ways to let people know you're authentic. For example, you can link to your Instagram account from your official website, Facebook Page, YouTube or Twitter account.
- Content I posted was removed because it was reported for intellectual property (copyright or trademark) infringement. What are my next steps?
- What can I do if my account has been disabled?
- What can I do if someone is impersonating me on Instagram?
- What should I do if a deceased person's account is showing in Search & Explore, Suggested for You or when I sync my contact list?
- What should I do if someone shares an intimate photo of me without my permission?