What information do I need to include in a copyright report to Instagram?
The fastest and easiest way to submit a claim of copyright infringement to us is to use our online form. Whether you submit your report through our online form or another method, Instagram needs the following information to be able to process your report:
- Your complete contact information (full name, mailing address and phone number)*
- A description of the content on our site that you claim infringes your copyright
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material on our site. The easiest way to do this is by providing web addresses (URLs) leading directly to the allegedly infringing content. Learn how to find a URL.
- A declaration that:
- You have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted content described above, in the manner you have complained of, is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- The information in your notice is accurate.
- Under penalty of perjury, you are the owner or authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive copyright that is allegedly infringed.
- Your electronic signature or physical signature.
*Please note that we regularly provide your name, contact information and the contents of your report to the person who posted the content you are reporting. If you are an authorized representative submitting a report, we provide the name of the organization or client that owns the right in question. You may wish to provide a professional or business email address for this reason.
- What information do I need to include in a trademark report on Instagram?
- What happens when I submit a trademark report to Instagram?
- What happens if I repeatedly post content on Instagram that violates someone else’s intellectual property rights?
- Instagram removed content as a result of my copyright report. What information is sent to the person who posted that content?
- What happens when I submit a copyright report to Instagram?