How do I block or unblock someone on Instagram?
There are multiple ways to block someone on Instagram. You can also view your blocked accounts list from the Instagram app, where you can choose to block other people or unblock someone on the list.
From the Instagram app for Android and iPhone and Instagram Lite app for Android:
- Tap or your profile picture in the bottom right to go to your profile.
- Tap in the top right, then tap Settings.
- Tap Privacy, then tap Blocked Accounts.
- To unblock someone on your blocked accounts list, tap Unblock to the right of their name. Tap Unblock again to confirm.
- To add someone to your blocked accounts list, tap in the top right and search for the person you’d like to block. Tap Block to the right of their name, then tap Block again to confirm.
- Tap or in the top right of Feed.
- Tap the chat with the person you want to block/unblock.
- Tap the person's name at the top of your chat.
- Tap Block/Unblock, then tap again to confirm.
- Tap their username from their Feed or story post, or tap and search their username to go to their profile.
- Tap (iPhone/computer) or (Android) in the top right.
- Tap Block/Unblock (iPhone/Android) or Block this user/Unblock (computer).
- Tap Block/Unblock again to confirm.
- People aren't notified when you block them. Learn more about what happens when you block someone.
- Your chat with the blocked person will remain in your main Direct inbox, but you won't be able to message them. You won't see future messages from people that you’ve blocked.
- If you’re in a group chat with someone that you’ve blocked, you’ll get a warning that you’ll see a blocked account’s messages. You can choose to stay or leave the group.
- After you block someone, their likes and comments will be removed from your photos and videos.
- Unblocking someone won't restore their previous likes and comments.
Learn more about what you can do if you're having trouble logging in to your account.