How do I block or unblock someone?
To block someone:
- Tap their username to go to their profile
- Tap (iPhone/iPad) or (Android) in the top-right
- Tap Block
To unblock someone:
- Follow steps 1-2 above
- Tap Unblock
People aren't notified when you block them. Learn more about blocking people.
Note: You can block someone using the Instagram app on your phone or tablet, but not on the web.
- How do I clear my Instagram search history?
- When I block someone, do their likes and comments disappear from my photos and videos?
- How do I remove myself from a photo someone tagged me in?
- How do I report a message that was sent to me or stop someone from sending me messages?
- Are my comments and likes still visible to people I block?