How do I block or unblock someone on Instagram?
There are two ways to block or unblock someone on Instagram. You can block or unblock someone on Instagram quickly by going directly to their profile. From your privacy settings, you can also view your blocked accounts list, where you can choose to block other people or unblock someone on the list.
To block or unblock someone from their profile:
- Tap their username from their Feed or story post, or tap and search their username to go to their profile.
- Tap (iPhone/computer) or (Android) in the top right.
- Tap Block/Unblock (iPhone/Android) or Block/Unblock (computer).
- Tap Block/Unblock again to confirm.
To block or unblock someone from your privacy settings:
Tap or your profile picture in the bottom right to go to your profile.
Tap in the top right, then tap Settings.
- Tap Privacy, then tap Blocked Accounts.
- To unblock someone on your blocked accounts list, tap Unblock to the right of their name. Tap Unblock again to confirm.
- To add someone to your blocked accounts list, tap in the top right and search for the person you’d like to block. Tap Block to the right of their name, then tap Block again to confirm.
Keep in mind:
- People aren't notified when you block them. Learn more about blocking people.
- After you block someone, their likes and comments will be removed from your photos and videos.
- Unblocking someone won't restore their previous likes and comments.