How do I block or unblock someone?
You can block someone using the Instagram app on your phone or tablet, but not on the web.
When you block someone, they can't see your profile or posts. People aren't notified when you block them. To block or unblock someone:
- Tap their username to open their profile
- Tap (iPhone/iPad), (Android) or (Windows)
- Tap Block User
To unblock someone, follow steps 1-2 above and then tap Unblock User.
If you can't find the person you want to block or unblock, they may have deleted their account or their profile may be unavailable to you.
Learn more about blocking people.
- How do I unfollow someone?
- How do I use hashtags?
- How do I set my photos and videos to private so that only approved followers can see them?
- How do I delete a caption or comment?
- How do I get back to the top of Activity?
- How do I share a video that's saved on my phone?
- How do I change my password?
- How do I add a profile picture or change my current picture?
- How do I save Instagram photos to my phone?
- How do I find people I know to follow?