Delete Your Account
If you temporarily disable your account, your account and your photos, comments and likes will be hidden, but not deleted, until you reactivate it by logging back in. To temporarily disable your account:
- Log into instagram.com from a mobile browser or computer. You can't temporarily disable your account from within the Instagram app.
- Click your username in the top right and then select Edit Profile.
- Click Temporarily disable my account in the bottom right and follow the on-screen instructions.
You’ll need to be able to log into your account to temporarily disable it. If you can't remember your password or username, see some tips for logging in.
To permanently delete your account:
- Go to the Delete Your Account page. If you're not logged into Instagram on the web, you'll be asked to log in first.
- Select an option from the drop-down menu next to Why are you deleting your account? and re-enter your password. The option to permanently delete your account will only appear after you've selected a reason from the menu.
- Click or tap Permanently delete my account.
After you delete your account, you can't sign up again with the same username or add it to another existing account, and we can't reactivate the account.
If you'd like to delete a different account, click the username in the top-right of the Delete Your Account page and select Log Out. Log back in as the account you want to delete and follow the directions above.
For security reasons, we can't delete an account for you. You’ll need to be able to log into your account to delete it. If you can't remember your password or username, see some tips for logging in.