What happens if I share my Instagram post to another social network?
If someone with a private profile shares a photo or video to a social network (like Twitter, Facebook and so on) using Instagram, the image will be visible on that network and the permalink will be active. In other words, the photo will be publicly accessible by anyone who has access to its direct link/URL.
Keep in mind that sharing a photo or video to a social network doesn't mean that the image will be visible in Instagram. Your account will still appear private to those who aren't approved followers.
- How do I set my Instagram account to private so that only approved followers can see what I share?
- What can I do if someone is impersonating me on Instagram?
- Who can see my Instagram profile and photos on the web?
- When I share an Instagram post to Facebook, is it visible to the public?
- What's the difference between NetzDG and Instagram's Community Guidelines?