How does Instagram protect my privacy when I donate money?
The security and privacy of your payment information is a top priority. We keep your financial info on secured servers and take extra steps to protect it. This includes encrypted connections with your browser and multiple layers of hardware and software protection. We don't share your payment information with nonprofits.
When you donate to a fundraiser through Instagram Stories or Live, the charitable organization and creator of the fundraiser will be able to see your name and the amount of your donation. You'll also have the option to share your email with the nonprofit to receive updates. Your followers on Instagram won't be able to see that you made a donation on Instagram.
Learn more about adding or removing a payment method from your Instagram account.
- Who can see information about my personal fundraiser on Instagram?
- How do I start or donate to a fundraiser on Instagram Live?
- How do I get a receipt for my donation made on Instagram Stories or Live?
- Can I keep my donation to a personal or nonprofit fundraiser hidden on Instagram?
- How do I report a personal fundraiser on Instagram?