To block or unblock someone:
- Tap their username to go to their profile.
- Tap (iPhone/iPad/computer) or (Android) in the top right.
- Tap Block or Unblock.
People aren't notified when you block them. Learn more about blocking people.
Note: After you block someone, their likes and comments aren't removed from your photos and videos. You can delete their comments from your posts.
When you block someone from commenting, they can still view your photos and videos but can't comment on them.
To block someone from commenting on your photos and videos:
- Go to your profile and tap .
- Tap Privacy and Security > Comment Controls.
- Next to Block Comments From, tap People > .
- Enter the name of the person you want to block, then tap Block next to their name.
To unblock someone from commenting on your photos and videos, tap Unblock next to their name.
Keep in mind that when you block someone from commenting, it doesn't remove their previous comments. Learn more about blocking people.
By default, anyone can view your profile and posts on Instagram. You can make your posts private so that only followers you approve can see them. If your posts are set to private, only your approved followers will see them on hashtag or location pages.
To set your posts to private from the Instagram app:
- Go to your profile, then tap .
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Privacy and Security.
- Tap Account Privacy then tap to toggle Private Account on.
To set your posts to private from a computer or mobile browser:
- Go to instagram.com on your computer.
- Click , then click .
- Click Privacy and Security.
- Below Account Privacy, click to check the box next to Private Account.
Things to keep in mind about private posts:
- Private posts you share to social networks may be visible to the public depending on your privacy settings for those networks. For example, a post you share to Twitter that was set to private on Instagram may be visible to the people who can see your Twitter posts.
- Once you make your posts private, people will have to send you a follow request to see your posts, your followers list or your following list.
- Follow requests appear in Activity, where you can approve or ignore them.
- If someone was already following you before you set your posts to private and you don't want them to see your posts, you can block them.
- People can send a photo or video directly to you even if they’re not following you.
You can report abusive photos, videos and messages that are sent to you with Instagram Direct:
- Open the conversation in the Instagram app.
- Tap and hold the individual message you'd like to report.
- Select Report.
If you'd like to report a post from Feed that was sent to you with Instagram Direct, you can tap the post and report it.