What should I do if I see images that sexually exploit children (example: pornography) on Instagram?
Posting, sharing or downloading images that sexually exploit children for any reason can be criminal. We report all apparent child pornography to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.
If you ever see this type of content on Instagram:
- Don't share it or comment on it
- Report it to us by using the built-in reporting options
- Notify the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children using the CyberTipline
If you think an image or video is spreading “virally,” please report it instead of sharing or commenting on it.
Important: Never download or save this content for any reason. You will not be asked to provide a copy of the image or video in any report.
- How can I make sure the content I post to Instagram doesn't violate trademark law?
- What should I do if someone on Instagram asks me to buy goods or services from them?
- How can I make sure the content I post to Instagram doesn't violate copyright law?
- What should I do if someone is threatening to share things I want to keep private (example: photos or videos)?
- What can I do if someone is blackmailing me on Instagram?