How do I remove a follower on Instagram?
If your account is set to private, you can remove people from your followers list:
- Go to your profile by tapping in the bottom right on the Instagram app.
- Tap Followers at the top of the screen.
- Tap Remove to the right of the follower you'd like to remove, then tap Remove to confirm.
When you remove a follower, they aren't notified that you've removed them.
You can also block someone to get them to stop following you. People aren't notified when you block them. Learn more about blocking people.
- How do I approve or deny a follower request on Instagram?
- How do I delete my Instagram account?
- How do I clear my Instagram search history?
- How do I set my Instagram account to private so that only approved followers can see what I share?
- How do I filter out comments I don't want to appear on my posts on Instagram?