How do I remove a follower on Instagram?
If your account is set to private, you can remove people from your followers list on the Instagram app for Android and iPhone:
- Tap or your profile picture in the bottom right to go to your profile.
- Tap Followers at the top of the screen.
- Tap Remove to the right of the follower you'd like to remove, then tap Remove to confirm.
When you remove a follower, they aren't notified that you've removed them.
You can also block someone to get them to stop following you. People aren't notified when you block them. Learn more about blocking people.
- How do I set my Instagram account to private so that only approved followers can see what I share?
- How do I temporarily disable my Instagram account?
- How do I approve or deny a follower request on Instagram?
- How do I disconnect my Instagram account from another social network?
- How do I filter out and hide comments I don't want to appear on my posts on Instagram?