I'm having trouble connecting to Twitter.
In most cases where people can't log into Twitter, there's a temporary outage on Twitter's end. Usually these login issues are resolved within a few hours. If the issue has lasted more than a few hours, try relinking your Twitter and Instagram accounts:
Apple iOS 7
To re-enter your Twitter login info:
- Leave the Instagram app and open the Settings on your iPhone and then tap Twitter.
- Enter your user name and password and then tap Sign In.
- Scroll down to "Allow These Apps To Use Your Account," find Instagram and then make sure the setting is On (it'll be green).
- Open your Instagram app.
- From your profile, tap > Share Settings > Twitter. The Twitter icon should be highlighted and your Twitter handle should now appear.
If you're still having trouble linking your accounts, try uninstalling and reinstalling your Twitter account. When you log in, try linking your Instagram account again using the steps above.
Apple iOS 6
When upgrading to iOS 6, Twitter's login info is reset and have to be entered again:
- Leave the Instagram app and open your phone's Settings
- Tap Twitter
- Select the account that you'd like to share photos to
- Re-enter your Twitter password
- Tap Done
Apple iOS 5 and earlier
To reset your Twitter login info:
- Leave the Instagram app and then open your phone's Settings
- Find your Twitter settings
- If there are any accounts listed, tap to select them and then tap Delete Account at the bottom of the screen
- Tap the account that you'd like to share photos from
- Open Instagram, go to your account settings and then tap Edit Share Settings > Twitter to link Twitter to your Instagram account
If you're still having issues linking your accounts after you've waited and verified that your login info is correct, please try checking your Wi-Fi/3G connection, restarting your phone or tablet and then deleting and reinstalling Instagram.