What can I do if I forgot my password?
If you can't remember your password, you can reset it using your email address, phone number or Facebook account. If you're not able to reset your password this way, open the Instagram app for additional help.
Resetting your password using your email address, phone number or Facebook account
To reset your password, first open the Instagram app. On the login screen, tap Get help signing in below Log In. From there:
- On Android: select Use Username or Email, Send an SMS or Log In with Facebook, then enter your information and follow the on-screen instructions.
- On iOS, tap Username or Phone. Enter your email address, username or phone number, then tap Send Login Link.
Learn more about what you can do if you don't know your username.
Getting additional login help
If you're not able to reset your password using your email address, phone number or Facebook account, you may be able to get additional help through the app:
- Open the Instagram app on your mobile device
- On the login screen, tap Get help signing in below Log In
For more options:
- Tap Use Username or Email, then enter your username or email
- Tap in the top right
- Tap Don't have access to any of these? then follow the on-screen instructions
- Enter your username or email
- Tap Other issues? below Send Login Link, then follow the on-screen instructions
- What can I do if my email address can't be found during a password reset?
- I can't sign up for an account because an account with my email address or phone number already exists.
- How do I change my password?
- What can I do if I don't receive a password reset email?
- What can I do if my account has been disabled?