What can I do if I forgot my password?
If you can't remember your password, you can reset it using your email address, phone number or Facebook account. If you're not able to reset your password this way, open the Instagram app for additional help.
Resetting your password using your email address, phone number or Facebook account
To reset your password, first open the Instagram app. On the login screen, tap Get help signing in (Android) or Forgot Password (iOS) below Log In. From there:
- On Android: select Use Username or Email, Send an SMS or Log In with Facebook, then enter your information and follow the on-screen instructions.
- On iOS, tap Username or Phone. Enter your email address, username or phone number, then tap Send Login Link.
Learn more about what you can do if you don't know your username.
- What can I do if I've lost access to the email or phone number I signed up with?
- What can I do if my email address can't be found during a password reset for my Instagram account?
- What can I do if I receive a password reset email but still can't log in?
- What can I do if I don't receive a password reset email for my Instagram account?
- I'm receiving a password reset email for the wrong Instagram account.