What can I do if I forgot my Instagram password?
If you can't remember your password, you can reset it using your email address, phone number or Facebook account. If you're not able to reset your password this way, open the Instagram app for additional help.
Resetting your password using your email address, phone number or Facebook account
To reset your password, first open the Instagram app. From there:
- On the login screen, tap Get help signing in below Log In.
- Select Use Username or Email, Send an SMS or Log In with Facebook.
- Enter your information and follow the on-screen instructions.
- On the login screen, tap Forgot Password above Log In.
- Tap Username or Phone.
- Enter your email address, username or phone number, then tap Next.
Learn more about what you can do if you don't know your username.
- What can I do if my email address can't be found during a password reset for my Instagram account?
- What can I do if I don't receive a password reset email for my Instagram account?
- What can I do if I receive a password reset email but still can't log into Instagram?
- I'm receiving a password reset email for the wrong Instagram account.
- How do I change my password on Instagram?