What can I do if I forgot my password?
If you can't remember your password, you can reset it using your email address, phone number or Facebook account. To reset your password, first tap Get help signing in below Log In on the login screen. From there:
- On Android: select Use Username or Email, Send an SMS or Log In with Facebook, then enter your information and follow the on-screen instructions.
- On iOS, tap Username or Phone. Enter your email address, username or phone number, then tap Send Login Link.
If you're not able to reset your password through your email address, phone number or Facebook account, you may be able to get more help through the Instagram app:
- Open the Instagram app on your mobile device
- On the login screen, tap Get help signing in below Log In
For more options:
- On Android: Tap Use Username or Email, then enter your username. Tap then tap Don't have access to any of these?
- On iOS: Enter your username or email then tap Other issues? below Send Login Link. From there, follow the on-screen instructions.
Learn more about what you can do if you can't locate your account.