What happens when I connect my Instagram account and a Facebook Page that I manage?
To connect your Instagram account and your Facebook Page, you first need to be an admin of that Page on Facebook and you may need switch your personal account to a professional account to link to a Facebook Page (if the Facebook Page is managed in a Business Manager).
Connecting an Instagram Professional account and a Facebook Page
When you connect an Instagram Professional account and a Facebook Page:
- Page admins, editors, moderators and advertisers can create Instagram ads from Facebook and manage comments on those ads.
- Page admins, editors and moderators can read and respond to Instagram comments and Direct messages from their Facebook Page Inbox.
- Page admins, editors and moderators can view and manage customers’ Instagram contact information in the Contacts tab on Facebook.
- Page admins and editors can share Facebook Page posts to Instagram. Anyone logged into the connected Instagram account can share Instagram posts to a Facebook Page.
- Page admins and editors can add to your Page’s story from Instagram.
- Page admins, editors and anyone logged into the Instagram account can sync business contact information, such as an email address, phone number and business address, between Facebook and Instagram. Updates made on one app (example: Facebook) will appear on the other app (example: Instagram). People who visit your Page may also recommend changes to business contact information. When this happens, you'll receive an email and Page notification asking you to review and accept changes to your contact information. If syncing is on, the edits will be made to both your Facebook Page and Instagram account.
- Page admins and editors and anyone logged into the Instagram account can add a button to Instagram for booking appointments on Facebook.
- If the business is eligible for Instagram Shopping, anyone logged into the connected Instagram account can set it up.
- If the Page is enrolled with Facebook's Charitable Giving Tools, anyone who has a role on the Page can let people add donation stickers to Instagram Stories.
- Businesses can integrate a third-party app from a developer.
Learn more about Page roles on Facebook.
- Can I link multiple Instagram accounts to my Facebook profile?
- Why is my birthday synced between Facebook and Instagram?
- I have a verified badge on Facebook, why don't I have one on Instagram?
- What happens after I apply for a verified badge on Instagram?
- How do I share posts from my Instagram account to a Facebook Page that I manage?