How does Instagram determine if an account is inactive?
An account is determined to be inactive based on a number of things, including the date the account was created and whether the account has been sharing photos, commenting on photos, liking photos and logging in.
Keep in mind that you may not be able to tell whether an account is currently inactive since not all account activity can be seen by the public.
Learn more about usernames.
- What is a verified badge on Instagram?
- How do I use text messages (SMS) for two-factor authentication on Instagram?
- How can I see insights for my Instagram account?
- If I've added multiple Instagram accounts, what push notifications will I get?
- What happens when I connect Instagram to my phone's contact list?