How does Instagram determine if an account is inactive?
An account is determined to be inactive based on a number of things, including the date the account was created and whether the account has been sharing photos, commenting on photos, liking photos and logging in.
Keep in mind that you may not be able to tell whether an account is currently inactive since not all account activity can be seen by the public.
Learn more about creating an account and username.
- What are the requirements to apply for a verified badge on Instagram?
- What happens when I connect my Instagram account and a Facebook Page that I manage?
- How can I see insights for my Instagram account?
- Can I link multiple Instagram accounts to my Facebook profile?
- Why do I have to be over a certain age to view some Instagram accounts?