Run an Existing Shoppable Post as an Ad with Product Tags
Ads with product tags drive people directly to a product details page. Shoppers can then make purchases from your business’s website or purchase directly in-app (for businesses that use Checkout on Instagram).
Advertisers can run existing shoppable posts as ads with product tags or create new ads with product tags in Ads Manager. When you run an existing shoppable post as an ad, the ad creative will feature the product tags from the organic post.
To run an existing post as an ad with product tags:
- Choose an existing Shopping post to run as your ad creative OR create an organic Shopping post in the Instagram app by tagging products from your catalog.
- Go to Ads Manager.
- Select +Create
- Choose an objective (brand awareness, reach, post engagement, link clicks, conversions are available for this format).
- Select an audience.
- Select Edit Placements and select Instagram Feed and/or Instagram Explore as the placement.
- You can also select Automatic Placements, in which case your ad will run as an ad with product tags on Instagram Feed and Instagram Explore and as an ad without product tags on all other placements.
- You can run a single image, carousel, or video shoppable post as your ad with product tags. Note: businesses must have a product tag on every Carousel image in order for it to be eligible for boosting.
You’ve now set up an ad with product tags. You can track the performance of your campaign the same way you’d measure other campaigns.