How can I use less data on Instagram?
By default, Instagram preloads videos so they start faster whenever possible. If you want to help reduce the amount of cellular data the Instagram app uses, you can choose not to have Instagram preload videos over cellular connections.
To help use less data on Instagram:
- Go to your profile and tap .
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Account > Cellular Data Use.
- Next to Use Less Data (iPhone) or Data Saver (Android), tap to toggle on.
If you choose to use this setting, videos may take longer to load over a cellular connection. Choosing to use this setting won't affect the way Instagram works when you're using WiFi.
High resolution media on an Android device
If you have an Android device, once you've chosen to use the data saver setting, you can also choose when Instagram will show you high resolution media.
To choose when Instagram will show you high resolution media, follow the instructions above, tap High Resolution Media and then tap:
- Never: Instagram will never you show you high resolution media.
- WiFi Only: Instagram will only show you high resolution media if your device is connected to WiFi.
- Cellular + WiFi: Instagram will show you high resolution media when your device is connected to either cellular data or WiFi.