What can I do if someone is impersonating me on Instagram?
Instagram takes safety seriously. If someone created an Instagram account pretending to be you, you can report it to us. Make sure to provide all the requested info, including a photo of your government-issued ID.
We only respond to reports sent to us from the person who's being impersonated or a representative of the person who's being impersonated (example: a parent). If someone you know is being impersonated, please encourage that person to report it.
Note: If you're having trouble uploading a photo of your ID from a mobile phone, please try submitting this form from a computer.
- How do I set my photos and videos to private so that only approved followers can see them?
- Can I obtain information about someone’s Instagram account?
- How do I clear my Instagram search history?
- When I share a post to Facebook, is it visible to the public?
- How do I report a message that was sent to me or stop someone from sending me messages?