How do I share from Instagram to other social networks?
When you take a photo or video on Instagram, you'll have the option to turn sharing on or off for each of the social networks (like Facebook or Twitter) you want to share to.
To adjust your settings to share on social networks:
- Go to your profile by tapping
- Tap (iPhone) or (Android) in the top right
- Tap Linked Accounts, then tap a social network to log in and link the accounts
Learn how to stop sharing to other social networks.
When using Hipstamatic, you can share your photo directly to Instagram. Just choose to share the photo and then tap the Instagram icon. You can write a caption for your photo and also decide whether you want Hipstamatic to automatically include the #hipstamatic hashtag as well as tags noting which camera and lens you used to take the photo.
After you link your Instagram account to Hipstamatic and choose to share, your photo will automatically appear on Instagram. If tags are turned on for your photo, Hipstamatic automatically includes tags in the caption. An attribution ("Taken with Hipstamatic") will appear below your caption. Tapping on "Hipstamatic" will direct you to the app if it's already installed on your phone or to the Hipstamatic App Store page if you haven't installed it yet.
ミクシィ / Mixi (Japan)
People with ミクシィ/ Mixi accounts can now share their photos from Instagram! Keep in mind that "ミクシィ/Mixi" will not appear in your share options if your phone's language or Region Format isn't set to Japanese.
After you've taken and edited a photo or edited a photo saved to your phone, you can link your Mixi account under Share:
- Log into your account.
- Confirm the app's permissions.
- Tap the Mixi icon to turn sharing on. Your photo will now upload to Instagram and Mixi.
You can also manage your Mixi permissions by going to Profile > Edit sharing settings > Mixi.
Mixi is available when we see that your language is set to Japanese or that your Region Format is set to Japanese. Keep in mind that Region Format doesn't change the language of your phone; it only changes the way dates and numbers are displayed.
If you're outside of Japan but have a Mixi account, you can link your Mixi account by changing your Region Format to Japanese:
- Go to your phone's Settings and then tap General > International > Region Format.
- Choose Japanese (Japan) from the list.
- Return to Instagram. On the Sharing screen, you should now see Mixi as one of the available services.
Weibo (China)/ 新浪微博
People with 新浪微博 / Weibo accounts can now share their photos from Instagram! Keep in mind that "新浪微博 / Weibo" will not appear in your share options if your phone's language or Region Format isn't set to Chinese.
To set up Weibo sharing:
- After you've taken and edited a photo or edited a photo saved to your phone or tablet, you can configure Weibo under Share on the upload screen.
- Log into your account.
- Make sure the Weibo share icon has been selected. Your photo will now upload to Instagram and Weibo.
Weibo is available when we see that your language is set to Chinese or that your Region Format is set to Chinese. Region Format doesn't change the language of your phone; it only changes the way dates and numbers are displayed.
If you're outside of China but have a Weibo account, you can enable Weibo sharing:
- Go to your phone's Settings and then tap General > Language & Region > Region
- Choose Chinese and then any of the offered options (China, Taiwan, and so on)
- Choose Done > Continue and return to Instagram
On the Sharing screen, you should now see Weibo as one of the available services.