What information do I need to include in a trademark report?
The fastest and easiest way to submit a report of trademark infringement to us is to use our online form. Whether you submit your report through our online form or another method, Instagram needs the following information to be able to process your report:
- Your complete contact information (full name, mailing address, and phone number)*
- The specific word, symbol, etc., in which you claim trademark rights.
- The basis for your claim of trademark rights (such as a national or community registration), including registration number, if applicable
- The country or jurisdiction in which you claim trademark rights
- The category of goods and/or services for which you assert rights
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material on Instagram that you believe violates your trademark rights. The easiest way to do this is by providing web addresses (URLs) leading directly to the allegedly infringing content. Learn how to find a URL.
- A description of how you believe this content infringes your trademark
- If you are not the rights holder, an explanation of your relationship to the rights holder
- A declaration that:
- You have a good faith belief that use of the trademark described above, in the manner you have complained of, is not authorized by the trademark owner, its agent, or the law
- The information in your notice is accurate
- You declare, under penalty of perjury, that you are the owner or authorized to act on behalf of the owner of a trademark that is allegedly infringed
- Your electronic signature or physical signature
*Please note that we regularly provide the rights owner’s name, your email address and the details of your report to the person who posted the content you are reporting. This person may contact you with the information you provide. You may wish to provide a valid generic business or professional email address for this reason.
- What information do I need to include in a copyright report?
- I submitted a trademark report to Instagram. What happens now?
- How do I report copyright infringement on Instagram?
- How can I make sure the content I post to Instagram doesn't violate trademark law?
- What should I do if someone on Instagram asks me to buy goods or services from them?