What should I include when submitting a report to Instagram alleging infringement of my trademark?
The fastest and easiest way to submit a claim of trademark infringement to us is to use our online form. It may be required by law that you include the following information:
- Your complete contact information (full name, mailing address, and phone number). Note that we regularly provide your contact information, including your email and the name of your organization or client, and/or the contents of your report to the person who posted the content you are reporting. You may wish to provide a professional or business email address for contact by users.
- The specific word, symbol, etc., in which you claim trademark rights.
- The basis for your claim of trademark rights (such as a national or community registration), including registration number, if applicable.
- The country or jurisdiction in which you claim trademark rights.
- The category of goods and/or services for which you assert rights.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material on our site. The easiest way to do this is by providing web addresses (URLs) leading directly to the allegedly infringing content.
- A description of how you believe this content infringes your trademark.
- If you are not the rights holder, an explanation of your relationship to the rights holder.
- A declaration that:
- You have a good faith belief that use of the trademark as described above, in the manner you have complained of, is not authorized by the trademark owner, its agent, or the law.
- The information in your notice is accurate.
- You declare, under penalty of perjury, that you are the owner or authorized to act on behalf of the owner of a trademark that is allegedly infringed.
- Your electronic signature or physical signature.
- What should I include when submitting a report to Instagram alleging infringement of my copyright?
- What happens after I submit a claim of trademark infringement to Instagram?
- I want to post something to Instagram, but I'm not sure if it would infringe someone's trademark. What should I do?
- What happens if I receive a warning for violating someone else’s trademark rights?
- What should I do if someone on Instagram asks me to buy goods or services from them?