Troubleshoot Community Content Requests
Sellers that use Instagram Shopping can now request to use posts from public accounts in which their business has been tagged. When a creator grants a brand permission to use their post, sellers can tag a product and the post will be shown on the product page for the product, Instagram Shop and Shops storefront.
If you’re receiving an error message upon making a request, it may be due to the following:
- User has previously declined the request
- Media does not comply with our Commerce Policies
- Media features multiple brands
- Media is already featured in another brand's shop
- Media is from a private user’s account
- User has requested not to be featured in shops
- Media requested has product tags and is already associated with a product.
To troubleshoot you may want to, check the status of a request:
- Tap .
- Tap .
- Tap Settings, then tap Business.
- Tap Shopping.
- Tap Community Content.
You can view the status of a post or cancel a request at any time.
If the original content creator does not approve the request, then brands will receive a notification that their request has been denied. In this case, the post will not be associated with the product, and will not appear on any Instagram shopping surfaces. Posts that have declined permissions are not eligible to be requested again.