What can I do if I've lost access to the email or phone number I signed up with?
If you lost access to the email address you used to sign up for Instagram, you can change the email address associated with your account.
If you've linked your account to Facebook, you can reset your password using Facebook. Once you log in, you can change the email address listed in your profile.
If you can't log into Instagram because you forgot your password and can't access the email address you used to sign up, please get in touch with your email service provider to get access to that email:
Email Service Provider contacts
If you've forgotten your password and lost access to your email account, we're unable to release the Instagram account to you. This includes accounts registered with mistyped email addresses.
We understand this can be frustrating, but this policy is meant to make sure Instagram accounts don't fall into the wrong hands.
- What can I do if I receive a password reset email but still can't log in?
- What can I do if I forgot my password?
- What can I do if my email address can't be found during a password reset?
- What can I do if I don't receive a password reset email?
- I'm receiving a password reset email for the wrong Instagram account.