How do I use hashtags?
You can add hashtags in the caption or comments of your post. If you add hashtags to a post that's set to public, the post will be visible on the corresponding hashtag page.
To tag a photo or video with a hashtag:
- Take or upload a photo or video
- Choose to add a filter, then type # followed by text or emoji in the Caption field (ex: #flower)
- If you want to add a hashtag to a post you've already uploaded, edit the caption or include your hashtag in a comment on your photo
After you tag your post with a hashtag, you'll be able to tap the hashtag to see a page that shows all photos and videos people have uploaded with that hashtag.
Things to keep in mind:
- When people with private profiles tag posts, they won't appear publicly on hashtag pages.
- Numbers are allowed in hashtags. However, spaces and special characters, like $ or %, won't work.
- You can only tag your own posts. You can't tag other people's photos/videos.
- You can use up to 30 tags on a post. If you include more than 30 tags on a single photo/video, your comment won't post.
- Older versions of Apple iOS don't support tapping hashtags. Instead, search hashtags by going to Search & Explore > Search > Tags.