How long does trademark protection last?
Trademark rights may last indefinitely, but only if the trademark owner continues to use the trademark in commerce to identify their products or services. If a trademark owner stops using the trademark, or if it isn’t used properly, they might lose their trademark rights. Please also note that for trademarks that are registered with the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), issued registrations must be renewed periodically. The laws in other jurisdictions may vary.
- How do I report trademark infringement on Instagram?
- How can I make sure the content I post to Instagram doesn't violate trademark law?
- How do I withdraw an intellectual property (copyright or trademark) report that I’ve already submitted?
- What should I consider before submitting a report of intellectual property (copyright or trademark) infringement?
- What is trademark infringement?