How long does trademark protection last?
Trademark rights may last indefinitely, but only if the trademark owner continues to use the trademark in commerce to identify their products or services. If a trademark owner stops using the trademark, or if it isn’t used properly, they might lose their trademark rights. Please also note that for trademarks that are registered with the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), issued registrations must be renewed periodically. The laws in other jurisdictions may vary.
- How do I appeal the removal of content on Instagram for trademark reasons?
- How long does copyright protection last?
- What's the difference between copyright and trademark?
- What is the difference between a trademark registration and a business registration?
- How do I know if I own the copyright in a work?