How long does trademark protection last?
Trademark rights may last indefinitely, but only if the trademark owner continues to use the trademark in commerce to identify their products or services. If a trademark owner stops using the trademark, or if it isn’t used properly, they might lose their trademark rights. Please also note that for trademarks that are registered with the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), issued registrations must be renewed periodically. The laws in other jurisdictions may vary.
- What are trademarks and what do they protect?
- Are there any limits to trademark rights?
- What information is provided to a user whose content is removed due to a trademark claim?
- How do I report trademark infringement on Instagram?
- Can I report the infringement of someone else's intellectual property (copyright or trademark)?