How long does trademark protection last?
Trademark rights may last indefinitely, but only if the trademark owner continues to use the trademark in commerce to identify their products or services. If a trademark owner stops using the trademark, or if it isn’t used properly, they might lose their trademark rights. Please also note that for trademarks that are registered with the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), issued registrations must be renewed periodically. The laws in other jurisdictions may vary.
- How long does copyright protection last?
- How do I appeal the removal of content on Instagram for trademark reasons?
- How can I make sure the content I post to Instagram doesn't violate trademark law?
- What information do I need to include in a trademark report on Instagram?
- What if I want to upload content to Instagram but I'm not sure whether that would infringe someone's trademark?