How do I report a message or chat sent in vanish mode on Instagram?
This feature may be unavailable for countries located in Europe.
If you think someone’s message or chat sent in vanish mode goes against our Community Guidelines, you can report it for up to 14 days after the messages disappear, even if you can’t see it anymore. If you report a message more than 14 days after it disappears, the report won’t include that message.
To report a specific message sent in vanish mode:
- From your chat, tap and hold the message you want to report.
- Tap Report and select the reason you want to report the message.
To report a chat that includes messages sent in vanish mode:
- From your chat, tap the username at the top.
- Tap Report and select the reason you want to report the chat.
Messages or chats that go against our Community Guidelines can include bullying or harassment, threats and sexual violence or exploitation.
What happens when I report messages sent in vanish mode?
When you report messages sent in vanish mode, those messages will be decrypted and sent securely from your device to our Help Team for review.
Your report is anonymous, except if you’re reporting an intellectual property infringement. The account you reported won’t see who reported them.
Learn more about safety on Instagram.
- How do I send messages in vanish mode on Instagram?
- How do I manage message requests on Instagram?
- How do I update to Messenger features on Instagram?
- How do I block or unblock someone in a chat while using Messenger features on Instagram?
- How do I watch videos or view posts with other people on Instagram?