What is the difference between a trademark registration and a business registration?
In some countries or states in the U.S., a business might be able to register with a government office, or obtain a permit or license to do business in that country or state. These registrations, such as ones issued by a state’s Secretary of State, generally aren’t the same as a trademark registration, and may not themselves create trademark rights for the business. In the U.S., the registration that’s frequently used to establish trademark ownership is one that is issued by the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).
- What should I consider before submitting a report of intellectual property (copyright or trademark) infringement?
- What information is provided to a user whose content is removed due to a trademark claim?
- Content I posted was removed because it was reported for intellectual property (copyright or trademark) infringement. What are my next steps?
- What's the difference between copyright and trademark?
- What are trademarks and what do they protect?