What is the difference between a trademark registration and a business registration?
In some countries or states in the U.S., a business might be able to register with a government office, or obtain a permit or license to do business in that country or state. These registrations, such as ones issued by a state’s Secretary of State, generally aren’t the same as a trademark registration, and may not themselves create trademark rights for the business. In the U.S., the registration that’s frequently used to establish trademark ownership is one that is issued by the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).
- What's the difference between copyright and trademark?
- What happens when I submit a trademark report to Instagram?
- Instagram removed content as a result of my trademark report. What information is sent to the person who posted that content?
- What is trademark infringement?
- What information do I need to include in a trademark report on Instagram?